Wouldn't it be great if there was a "Donate To This Blog" button that when clicked...Donated Someone Else's Money?!
There IS!!!
Just click on any of the ads you see here (One on the right and the Other below the first post) and anywhere from
a few cents to a couple bucks will come my way, and best of all - It Doesn't Come Out Of Your Pocket!!
Much Thanks in Advance!


Monday, November 5, 2012

Awe Snap. I Thought For Sure I Had Just Found The Stand For My Ashtray. Actually, I Did. Status: Still...No Dice.

DSCN2155

I thought I had hit the (relative) jackpot at the Goodwill over the weekend in finally finding a magazine stand for my matching ashtray! Well, fate has a funny sense of humor, it does.


DSCN2149DSCN2147

Oh yeah, I was feeling pretty darn proud of my foresight in buying this ceramic ashtray at the

Flea Market or where ever it was I found it AFTER I found it's matching stand Saturday.  I was

feeling pretty darn smug, actually!  What are the chances of finding a matching stand sans ceramic

ashtray?  Pretty slim I think.

DSCN2148DSCN2150

But I did.  And it fits perfectly.  But alas, when I picked the ashtray up to bring it over to test on

the stand I noticed a hairline crack.  What?  How had I missed that?  Then I flexed it just a touch

to be sure of what I was seeing and snap.  That was it.  It was in two pieces. Sigh.  So much for

smug.

DSCN2146DSCN2152

At least it wasn't a hard to find Salem Hopscotch teacup.  And I'm sure I'll find another ashtray to

sit atop this magnificent stand sooner or later.  It's such a shame though, don't you think?  I was so

close!  I was ready to make up a tag and toss it in the booth.

DSCN2153

At least in made for some interesting photos!

1 comment: