Monday, April 30, 2012

Looks Like The Salvation Army Florissant Division Has Moved But They Still Have Good Stuff! Status: Vintage Modern Bargain!

IMG_20120428_121822

We dropped in on the new Salvation Army thrift store in Florissant Saturday afternoon.  The first time we dropped in was the Grand Opening and there wasn't really anything available worth waiting 20 minutes in line to pay for.  Looks like they are getting back to the real work at hand.

IMG_20120428_122230

Such a modest price for such a grand dining room suite!  Dang, if I didn't already have my set...well, you know the rest.  I'm not particularly keen on the table and chairs but they do "go with" the set.  No arguing that.  But the real star is that china cabinet and buffet!

IMG_20120428_121734IMG_20120428_121722

The new address for the the Salvation Army is 17 Paddock Hills Shopping Ctr, Florissant, MO 63033.  I know...if you look that address up on your web crawler it'll say Arron's Rental.  I assure you that it is no longer a furniture rental joint.  It is in fact a thrift store!


IMG_20120428_121650

If anybody here drops by and snatches this set up let me know. I'd love to know that I helped this lovely set find a new home!

8 comments:

  1. That is a steal at that price. Most of the Salvation Army and Goodwill stores near me have started charging much higher prices. Higher than most mom and pop vintage/antique stores which is fine when you look at the bigger picture of these charity stores but sucks if your trying to spruce up and flip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi David. We're pretty lucky in that most of our thrifts still "go by the book". If only I had the room to buy every good deal!

      Delete
  2. Oh, I tried to go on Thursday to the old location and I didn't know that they have moved, I thought they had just closed! They always had the best clothes and were always well organized. Where is the new location?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brittany. There is an address and a map link in the post above. It's right next to the post office in Florissant.

      Delete
  3. That is one nice dining room for the price. If I was closer it would be in my store! I did score one killer complete Kent Coffey Perspecta dining room a couple of days ago. Near perfect condition, just needs a little cleaning. Large china, flip top bar/server, table w/3 leaves and 7 side chairs all for under $500! Needless to say, I didn't bother haggling over the price. Just pay the nice lady, load and run!! I'll post about it sometime soon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi A Mod. I had a Kent Coffey Perspecta dining suite once and Nick at Mid-century Midwest still uses one! Not as prevalent here in StL. as Broyhill Brasilia but I do see it here and there. Love it. Is you China cab a one piece unit as well? Pain in the butt to move!

      Delete
  4. I might have gassed up the car and headed your way with a U-Haul trailer but my hitch has not yet arrived and been installed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi bopfish. If you EVER do get that wild hair, you be sure and let me know in advance! I'll probably ask you to pack up a few things to bring me! I too need to get a hitch for Frank.

      Delete