Sunday, February 12, 2012

Got Out This Afternoon And Did A Little Shoppin' With The Girlfriend...Even Though It IS Cold And I GOT A Cold! Status: Brought Home BOXES Of Stuff!

DSCN5890

...Three boxes of stuff to be exact.  Shoes, that is.  Spotted the Vans (I'm a child of the '80s, Vans are the coolest, hands down) and decided to pickup two pair since they were closeouts at $30 each pair.  Needed some cushy, comfy trainers for work since I'm on my feet ALL day, walk to places downtown to get my dinner and never use the elevators.  I hate coming home with achy feet so I splurged on the Adidas (also very cool. See: Run DMC) which were also closeout but still about $15 more than a single pair of the Vans.  "Shoes?", you say. "When did this become a clothing horse blog?!"
Just Kidding!

DSCN5891

Here's the REAL thrift booty! But yes, I did in fact go to a shoe store...with the girlfriend...and

buy shoes...and she did not. Weird. The other weird thing? Went to Five thrift stores before

hitting pay dirt this afternoon. I was about to throw in the towel, but I figured that, what are the

odds of finding NOTHING if I just keep going until ALL of the thrift stores are closed for the

evening? My plan finally worked...but I don't recommend it's implementation.

DSCN5892DSCN5893
DSCN5895DSCN5894

I love this GE electric frying pan so much I bought it twice (I have a duplicate!). But, uh oh...

what's that? I guess I shoulda looked a little closer at the power cord, huh? That ain't gonna

work. At least with that cord it ain't. It's a little hard to tell from these photos but the lid is that

cool pinkish copper color.

DSCN5896DSCN5898

Picked up a great little vintage Royal Haeger candy dish. I actually have a couple other pieces

in this finish. I'll have to gather them up and do a posting on those as well. What do you think

that is? A golden artichoke? Hey kids, wanna piece of artichoke candy?

DSCN5899DSCN5900

Awe yeah! Now all I need is a velvet painting of a puma or a kung fu guy or something! Nice

right? This doesn't really fit with the danish kitty collection but I just couldn't pass it up.

DSCN5903DSCN5901DSCN5904

Another addition to the Tiki mug collection! I actually found this yesterday at the Goodwill. Is

that cheating? The pair of aluminum candle sticks look like Ikea to me, but I won't hold that

against them. I'm sure someone will need them. Check out the little Witco Owl! Also picked

up Friday. I am cheating aren't I? Oh well, at least I remembered to title this posting (unlike

yesterday)! It was the cold and the drugs!



4 comments:

  1. I'm really liking that owl. Almost looks like a tiki (which I also like!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi V. Hunter. I stupidly passed on a trio of the little Witco owls last year at a south county Goodwill before I started collecting the Witco stuff. Nice to finally kinda avenge that little thrift faux pas.

      Delete
  2. i saw a similar set of candle sticks in our local thrift store...passed it as i dint know much about it...should have picked them up...u make them look cool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like the little Witco owl trio mentioned above...I have learned my lesson. Thrifting is such a cheap "hobby" that it's OK to maybe buy something that turns out to be nothing sometimes!

      Delete