Tuesday, November 10, 2015

The Last Of The Halloween In New Orleans Booty. I Couldn't Resist This Pair Of Jerry Johnson Tubular Chrome Barstools That I Found On Craigslist...Even If They Didn't Come With The Original Pads. Status: Project? Available?



Super mod, right?  I love 'em.  If I didn't already have my dream barstools I'd have new cushions made and keep this set.  While yes, they are missing the original cushions, I'm pretty proud that they both have all four end caps on the legs.





Pretty cool cantilever design.  Straight out of the late Sixties or early Seventies.  These had been on Craigslist in New Orleans for a couple of weeks before I snatched them up.  The designer, Jerry Johnson, isn't as well known as some of the others but if you like the mod stuff you've no doubt seen these or his tubular steel chairs before.  If you like Atomic Ranch magazine you may remember seeing another of Jerry Johnson's designs on the cover of the Summer 2009 issue, a cool walnut sling chair.



Boy, these chairs have some miles on 'em.  Cincinnati to New Orleans and now St. Louis!  Who knows where else they've been.  Now I've just got to figure out what to do about cushions.  I may ask our good friend Jeff to make a pair...or I might just find some generic cushions from a big garden decor center to modify as needed.  From what I've seen, the cushions that would have been on here aren't anything too special.  Although, leather...or suede...ooooh.

No comments:

Post a Comment