Friday, November 27, 2015

Our Last Trip Of The Season To The Litchfield Flea Yielded Some Choice Smalls. This Set Of Catherine Holm And Lone Tiki Mug Is One Of Those Forgotten Lots That I Dug Out Of The Back Of The Car! Status: Available (Well, Not The Tiki Mug).



Finding cool Tiki mugs for cheap happens so infrequently that I just can't seem to let them go.  I guess the same could be said for Catherine Holm enamelware, but I don't have a collection of that started.



It's rare for something so desired by many to unlabled and unmarked but at least this Catherine Holm enamelware is easily identified otherwise.  This three piece set was found in a random lot of stuff on a random vendors table at the Litchfield "Pickers Market" during the last sale we went to this fall.  The fleas are all done for the year and I'm already jonesin' for them again.



I'm not getting sucked into starting another collection, so this pot, lid and plate are already available in my booth.  Hopefully there's somebody out there who is already collecting these who can use this set.  Speaking of The Time Machine...I'm not doing so well out there thus far.  I'm going to give it a few more months and maybe change up what I'm offering, but if it doesn't pick up...I might have to let that space go.



This little Kon Tiki Ports tiki mug ain't going nowhere.  I love my tiki mug collection.  It's so difficult to find quality tiki items anywhere but the dedicated shops and occasionally, the antique malls.  When I do find them cheap, they stay put.  There are a few bars around St. Louis that try to do a Tiki theme but we have yet to find a really good one.  I know they can work, but St. Louis just hasn't sprouted a good one yet.  Maybe someday.

2 comments:

  1. Love the Catherine Holm, great find! I'll check out your space next time I'm in that neck of the woods. Your spaces at Green Shag and Creve Coeur are really nice. Always enjoy reading your blog, especially fun since you're local.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are lovely! Warm greetings from Montreal, Canada.

    ReplyDelete