Wednesday, November 4, 2015

A Couple More Small Items Picked Up Over The Last Few Weekends. Mod Desk Lights Aren't So Hard To Find But Original Mid Century Paintings...Good Luck! Status: Available.



Our trip to the Litchfield Pickers Market yielded more than the little stool and phone I featured a couple days ago.  This nice size acrylic modernist painting was also sourced on that lovely fall day.  The little mod Tensor desk lamp was a thrift find that had been loitering in the back of the car for who knows how long...you know how it is.




Just as suspected, I can't find anything on the webernet about Phillip Kaplan (at least that's what I think the signature says).  Still, these mid century modern paintings are becoming more and more scarce.  Used to be, I would find one about every other month or so.  Now I find maybe two a year.  So when you see the high prices on these at your local shop or antique mall...this is why.  And if you see 'em cheap...stock up!


The bulb even works!  I love when I find a lamp at a thrift store and the whole thing just works without my having to take a trip to the hardware store.  And who couldn't use a little more light on their desk or night stand?  If you're reading this, you're probably like me and won't just toss any old lamp on your work surface, it's got to be stylish first and foremost.  That it helps you read or find your phone plug is just gravy, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment