Thursday, October 3, 2013

Yesterday I Showed Off The Progress Globe Fixture I Scored At The South County Antique Mall, Today It's The Spider Table Base From Not Only The Same Antique Mall...But The Same Vendor Booth! Status: Looks Good With Glass.

DSCN0130

This little spider base is kinda rough and is so not ready to flip.  I'll have to give it some love...and find some space in my booth...before I can make it available to the general public.  But as you can see, it's gonna look pretty nice when done!

DSCN0131DSCN0132
DSCN0129

It looks like it was originally a red orange stain that someone shot with a rattle can of black.  The

rubber ends are in pretty rough shape to but are serviceable as is, though I'm going to True Value to

see if I can find suitable replacements.  I'm also going to disassemble the base and give it a new

finish.

DSCN0134
DSCN0135DSCN0133

You can just barely see the water drops in some of these pics.  It started to sprinkle as I was shooting.

Kinda weird to find one of these bases without the brass top.  Seems like I mostly find the tops

without a base.  Of course now that I've got a base alone, I won't be able to find a loose top to save

my life.  No matter, I'm going to offer this up with the glass top alone.  The glass top really shows off

how cool that spider base looks so much better anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment