Tuesday, February 3, 2015

It's Like, You Can Go Weeks Finding Zilch At The Thrifts...Then One Day - Pla-cow! The Heavens Open Up And Pour Upon You An Abundance! This Time, A Cool Little Lytegem. Status: Bulbless

20150127_125104

When you spot a Lightolier at the thrift store, it comes home with you...even if it is this tiny little desk telescope eyeball thing missing its bulb. Problem is, I think it may be missing a little bit more than just the bulb.

20150127_124952

So say you haven't yet acquired a vintage Lightolier lamp but you just ain't got no more room for any

more lighting, what ya gonna do? Ya look for a Lytegem like this. Takes up less than Three square

inches of valuable desk space and looks like a Million bucks, right? I don't know if maybe the

Girlfriend hasn't seen this yet because she hasn't yet asked if she can keep it. She likes these

little lamps.

20150127_12503020150127_125150
20150127_12512220150127_125002

I would have already dropped this lamp off at Creve Coeur if it had come with a bulb from the thrift

store. Not only that but it looks like it might not be a simple replacement issue. There is a loose wire

in that socket that looks like it's supposed to be attached so something. Apparently the bulb is a

simple automotive bulb and I'll be getting one to see if maybe it turns out to be an easy fix.

20150127_125014

Cross your fingers that it'll be an easy fix.  I'm not well known for following through on a project

'round here.  If you look close (or follow my Twitter feed) you'll see some other what not in the

background there in that last photo.  Yeah, I kind of hit a little jackpot this day.  It wasn't a mother

load or super score, but it did make up for quite a few empty handed comings home.  You know the

feeling.

2 comments:

  1. I've inherited a home with about 15 Brasilia pieces in excellent condition. I don't want to break up the collection. If you are interested, contact me at pkrewet@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Around here the thrift stores are dead. I don't even bother going anymore. ;(

    ReplyDelete