Saturday, August 10, 2013

An Anonymous Reader Asked A While Back If I Might See What I Could Find In Pittsburgh PA. Sadly I Forgot About The Request Until Yesterday! Sorry, But Here Ya Go Anonymous, Hope You're Able To Snag Some Good Stuff! Status: Not My Turf!

Greetings from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - Large Letter Postcard

I used to hang out with a buddy years ago who told me a story about getting drunk in downtown Pittsburgh PA and wandering around all night until dawn trying to find his lost car. Good thing he got so drunk! Wouldn't have wanted him finding that car. I myself have never been, so this story is all I know about Pittsburgh: It's hard to find your car when ya been drinkin'.  But we ain't lookin' for our cars...we're looking for vintage modern goodness.


image0

Tables - glass top - $300 (North Hills)

"For sale two glass top end tables with glass top coffee table. End tables are 27 " in diameter and 20" high, coffee table is 25" x 51" and 16" high. Please local interest only."

Ok Ok...I know! Not what I normally might put here, but these might be P. E. Guerin tables...and there's a LOT of money being left on those tables (so to speak) if they are! Just look on the bottom of the feet for the name P. E. Guerin and you're golden! Flipsville!!!



image0

Modern 60'' Dining Table w/ 6 Chairs -Single Pedesdtal - $400 (McCandless)

"A beautiful formal dining table and chairs. Table and chairs are all single pedestal. See pics. $400.00 OBO"

Maybe a little pricey but maybe you can beat them down a little on it.



image0

DINING ROOM SET - $400 (Latrobe)

"I am moving and would like to unload a few items. This is a set of 4 chairs, table, 2 leaves, buffet and hutch. $400/obo."

A little better deal with this set having a china cabinet. I'm pretty sure it's a Drexel set but I don't know what line off hand.



image0

Kitchen Table + 4 Chairs - $75 (Cranberry, PA)

"- One solid wood kitchen table with collapsing side leafs
- 4 solid wood chairs
- Table top has damage - can be seen in photo
- One chair has a broken spindle
- Available for pick up or local delivery for small fee (gas, etc.)"

Much more of a bargain, but it's got some issues. I have no idea who made it or anything like that but I totally dig the style.



image0

Display Cabinet - $85 (White Oak)

"Beautiful display cabinet with glass front sliding doors. The top display case is removable. The are also several storage drawers. In great shape."

Crap photos aside, I bet this is a great piece. You can just see the legs in the photo I think and it looks very "Jetsonsy".



image0

Vintage Swag Lamp - $30 (North Hills)

"Great retro look. Has multi-color effect when light is on (see pic #2). Lamp cord/chain is 15 ft long.
Cash sale only, in-person sale only."

This is so freakin' cool that I'm surprised that it's still available! I'd love to have this for my very own.



image0

Vintage, 6 Ft. Aluminum Christmas Tree - $75 (Collier Twp. - 15106)

"Nice, vintage, 6 Foot, Aluminum Christmas Tree in the Original Box! " Stainless Aluminum Christmas Tree " Arandell Products, Philadelphia, 4, Pa. Excellent condition! Circa 1940's - 1950's."

$75? Yes please! That's a bargain for one of these aluminum X-mas trees. I'd snatch it up.



image0

complete wooden bedroom set - $250 (Sarver, PA)

"Double bed headboard, nightstand with 1 drawer, l long chest, tall chest, large mirror; all wood."

What the ad fails to mention is that this is a HIGHLY prized Drexel Declaration bedroom suite. I couldn't get to this seller fast enough to claim this set. Then right in the booth it'd go!



image0

AMBER HANDCRAFTED BY SMITH FLOOR VASE - $5 (Butler, PA)

"This is amber handcrafted by Smith floor vase. This is a premier hand-made glass piece that was in my great-uncle's home since at least the 1960's. It is 22 1/2" at tallest point, 13 1/2" tall at shortest point. The diameter is 6" base and 3" at opening. Has a glacier effect going around the top. Asking $5.00 for piece. It is in mint condition. No chips or marks in glass."

Ad pretty much says it all. C'mon, it's just $5! Start your collection like I did...cheap!



image0

Antique ceiling light fixture - $20 (gibsonia)

"rope weave ceiling light - decent condition
glass is cracked but can be replaced

Goes to first reasonable offer"

This is such an unusual pull down saucer light fixture. I'd make an over offer to make sure I got it!


5 comments:

  1. I'm the said anonymous (daily) reader. Thanks for picking Pittsburgh craiglist and sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rich,

      Did ya pick up anything good? Seriously, the Drexel bedroom set and that P. E. Guerin (if it's marked as such) table set are money in the bank.

      Delete
    2. Hmmm...looks like the Drexel set got snatched. Hope it was you Rich!

      Delete
    3. It was :) The irony is I bought it at 10AM on Saturday. Turns out they have a declaration dining table set and coffee tables as well. We're going to pick them up this week.

      I'm going to see if I can swing by this week to check out those Guerin tables.

      The kitchen table set in Cranberry looks like a Paul McCobb set I saw @ an estate sale on Saturday. Not sure...

      Delete
    4. Wow...sounds like you had as good a weekend as I did! Check the blog tomorrow to see my Big Pick of the weekend!

      Delete