Monday, July 8, 2013

You Know, It Takes A Great Deal Of Patience To Be Mr. Midtomic's Girlfriend When On Vacation. Good Thing I Bought Her A Nook Reader For Christmas A While Back. Status: Stop-N-Go.

DSCN3501

This is what happens when you go on a multi state road trip with your camera happy significant other who just so happens to publish a daily blog about all things retro. I just can't help myself. I have to stop and take a few minutes (15-20) to snap a few quick photos (set up a photo shoot).



DSCN3498DSCN3500

These old town square cinemas are such a treasure. I love finding them like this, totally random and

restored to their former glory. Most of the cinemas that we've come across while exploring the small

roads of America have been restored for alternative uses. Looks like this one follows that pattern.

DSCN3502

There are two vintage cinemas in the St. Louis area that gave been restored and are still movie

houses: the Tivoli in University City and the Lincoln Theater in Belleville Il. Both are beautiful

and worth a look see if you're ever in the area.

DSCN3499DSCN3497

3 comments:

  1. I went to many great movies at the Tivoli in the late '70s and early '80s when I was at Wash U. A big distraction to be within walking distance...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I'm not the only one who does this - I think your GF and Retro Roadhusband would get along famously, and would bond on this very point :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you stopped for the photo. Charming!!

    ReplyDelete