Thursday, November 28, 2013

Even Though I've Been Feeling Under The Weather For The Last Couple Of Days Or So, I Still Managed To Procure A Nice Set Of Mies Van Der Rohe "BRNO" Chairs Last Sunday Evening. Status: Paired!

DSCN0447

Sadly, no tags.  Probably not Knoll since the seller...well, said they weren't.  Still, they got style for miles and they'll go nicely with the chrome base table I featured a few days ago.  I've still got to fix up the top of that table though, so it'll be a while.

DSCN0445
DSCN0449DSCN0450

I just couldn't pass up these classically beautiful BRNO chairs when I saw them pop up on craigslist. 

Turns out they were being offered as part of John Pils' (local artist) shop closeout.  A fellow vendor at

The Green Shag Market was running the sale and she was letting these go at a very comfortable price.

DSCN0448DSCN0451
DSCN0444

The upholstery needs a bit of cleanup but even as is, they look pretty good.  All the chrome looks

great.  These will look great with that chrome X base dining table that I featured a few days ago. Ugh,

I so need more space to showcase all the great dining sets I have!  There's a fantastic Burke set at The

Green Shag at the moment, I've got a Drexel Declaration drop leaf and four chairs in the garage, a

Heywood Wakefield Whalebone table and 6 Dogbone chairs at the shop...as well various other bits

and pieces scattered about the garage!

DSCN0452DSCN0453

2 comments:

  1. I have a chair exactly like this one, has the Knoll label underneath. It is the same black color too. Unfortunately my son has it at college and using it for his desk chair, otherwise I would look to see if
    it matches yours exactly. Will send you a picture when I pick him up at Christmas. I think yours ARE
    Knoll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a chair exactly like this one, has the Knoll label underneath. It is the same black color too. Unfortunately my son has it at college and using it for his desk chair, otherwise I would look to see if
    it matches yours exactly. Will send you a picture when I pick him up at Christmas. I think yours ARE
    Knoll.

    ReplyDelete