Tuesday, September 30, 2014

No Videos Today. Vids Take Lots Of Time And A Mr. Just Didn't Have That Luxury Today. What He Does Have Is Too Many Living Room Tables! Status: Available.

20140930_120434

I've actually got a matching long / narrow coffee table that matches this square cocktail / corner table, but I didn't have time to clean and shoot both this morning. Maybe I'll have time to shoot a video of both tomorrow, we'll see.

20140930_12082620140930_121410
20140930_12135620140930_120954

It was an easy cleanup since the previous owners took very good care of this table. Sure,

there were some minor, nearly insignificant scratches on the top, but they were no match

for the Howard's Restore-A-Finish and a goid scrub with 0000 steel wool.

20140930_12115220140930_120709

You might notice the dark circle on the top of the table. That is actually the original color of

the finish. There was a lamp sitting there obviously for many many years. But guess what,

I've even got the lamp that was sitting there! Matter of fact, if not for a local buyer and a

fellow reader of yours (each of whom claimed a pair of chairs culled from this collection)

one could have pretty much recreated the entire living room from whence this table came!

20140930_120535

Now that I think of it, I probably won't have time to post a video tomorrow but I will probably

show some of the lighting I picked up as well. I love that there are so many folks in this area

that decorated their home in the sixties and just left it that way! These time capsule homes

are always my favorites when I go to estate sales. And it's not in a hipster ironic way,

usually it's in a positively envious sorta way!

7 comments:

  1. The pictures are fine, don't worry about the videos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pics and writing are better than the videos, which feel too twee for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. Pictures are better than videos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know it's been a couple weeks, but is that square coffee table still available?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi EllenChristine

      Turns out, this square table and it's matching long / narrow coffee table are both headed to the booth at Creve Couer Antique Mall Saturday afternoon! Drop by and take a look if you've got the time.

      Delete