Monday, January 26, 2015

Just After Returning From New Orleans I Got A Call From The Owner Of Creve Coeur Antique Mall Asking If I Could Check Out Some Furniture A Friend Of Hers Was Liquidating. This Amazing Teak Server Was Just Part Of The Haul. Status: Available!

DSC_0613

Wow, this is twice in the last Six months or so that I've been asked by a friend to take a look at some furniture that was being let go of.  I've always been wary of these offers, mostly because I'm a big softy and can totally empathize with the seller who just needs to have the stuff gone and turned into cash.  It's hard for me to say "no, sorry...not my style".


DSC_0612
DSC_0609

Luckily for me, both times have turned out to be boons for me!  Now, I'm not counting on the super

fast flip that the previous buy turned out to be, but in both cases the furniture was good quality and

the friends who made the connections for me really knew my tastes.  Making offers to buy this stuff

is always tough, since I will be guessing at what I can turn these items over for and I want to give the

seller as fair an offer as I can.

DSC_0610
DSC_0611

Along with this server I picked up a really nice dining table and six chairs.  To be honest though, this

was the star and I might have passed on the whole deal had this not been available.  I had a car full of

stuff and had plenty else to do this weekend, so making this buy wasn't exactly convenient.  I had to

bust my butt to make it happen.  I'm super happy with the set though.  I spent a beautiful Saturday

afternoon out in the driveway cleaning all the pieces up before dropping them off at The Antique

Mall of Creve Coeur.  And afterward I joined the Girlfriend and her co-workers up the street at the

bowling alley for a couple of games...one of which Mr. Modtomic managed to bowl a 195!  Pretty

sure it was the beer bowling though, or maybe the vintage bowling shirt.  Gotta keep it real, right?

2 comments:

  1. Is this still available?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anonymous.

      Yes it is, but feel free to give The Antique Mall Of Creve Coeur a phone call before stopping by to be sure.

      Delete