Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Ahoy Matey! Yes It's The Middle Of Winter But It Be Fine Sailing Weather Were Ye Find These Splendid Syroco "Brass" Ships! Status: Available.

DSC_0483

My first instinct was to paint these plastic sailboats by Syroco...well, that's not entirely true. My FIRST instinct was to leave them behind, but I thought better of it and grabbed them up. I thought it might be a good idea to have something really inexpensive in the booth down at the Green Shag Market and I'm sure somebody will appreciate the cut of their jibs...so to speak.


DSC_0484DSC_0491
DSC_0490DSC_0492

After giving them a good looking at I was quite impressed with the "brass" finish Syroco had

imparted upon these decorative wall plaques.  That is just plastic after all.  The finish even "suffers"

from a bit of age and corrosion.  It looks...well, real!  I bet, hanging on a wall, one would be hard

pressed to tell these aren't brass.  The finish reminds me of a pair of my Ben Seibel bookends.

DSC_0485DSC_0489
DSC_0487DSC_0486

Again, being just plastic, it's kind of amazing that these haven't been broken of badly scratched. 

Hopefully I'll have time to get these in the booth this week.  I must remember that they are not open

on Tuesdays though.  I can't tell you how many times I've made myself so proud by getting on the

road early enough before work to drop off a few items only to arrive and realize (much to my

chagrin) that it's the only day they are closed.  AND I'm on my weird late shift.  AND I worked

Sunday so I don't even know what day it really is without looking at my phone.  In any event, this

pair of fantastic Syroco sailing boat wall plaques should be in the booth before the weekend...in case

you was interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment